The Unexpected Adventures of Allison

God works in mysterious, incredible ways. My life is just one example.

Dominican Republic

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Just thinking.....





Hola mi familia, ?como estan? well, i had a really neat story to share with you all that happened to me today, and i realized there was no reason to wait! just a neat way that God shows himself to me daily.

i took two girls home from school today, madelyn and luisa maria, who are both my neighbors. well, on the way from madelyn's house to luisa maria's, we ran into a huge mud patch, where the bike got a little stuck, and we had to squash through the mud (barefoot cause we were wearing flipflops) and push the bike out. quite a mess, but kind of fun too. finally we made it to luisa maria's house, were her mother invited me in, to see the place and visit. but as my feet were muddy, i didn't want to get her house dirty. before i could even start to wipe them on the ground outside, luisa's mother bade me sit and began to wash my feet with a jug of water........what an unexpected act of love! here this woman who did not even know me was washing my feet, she who is the poverty-stricken one, she who i had come to help! God surely shows himself in mysterious ways, i have no doubt of that any longer. and what a timely blessing it was, as my burned foot has been in some pain lately; what a beautiful reminder that God loves and will take care of me, as he does his children here in the dominican as well as all around the world. our God is amazing! (picture of luisa maria above)

things have been going well this week. today was leslie trautwein's birthday, and so we celebrated with all the missionaries as well as the ark moms. school is still great, i can't tell you all how much i love being with these kids, i wish you all could know them too! they are certainly wonderful. : ) this country is so beautiful, the people, the place, being here is such a wonderful blessing, i am overflowing with gratitude - thanks to all of you who helped me to get here!! your prayers mean everything to everyone here. i would ask for prayer for my burn, it is quite painful right now, as the dead skin is beginning come off.........and then today while playing with the kids, one of them accidently scraped the burn with their foot, and took off a lot of the remaining skin. haha, that would happen : ) please pray that it will heal quickly, and that i will be protected from infection. i put an update pic below for those who want to see it, but i'm warning you, it's worse than the last one (which actually means it's getting better). i'm also putting these pictures of the dominican up, so you can enjoy a little of the beauty with me!! God bless, and may you continue to dwell in the eternal blessing that is God's presence in our lives!

~allison

/

\

/

\

/

\

/

\

/

\

/

\

/

\

/








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home