The Unexpected Adventures of Allison

God works in mysterious, incredible ways. My life is just one example.

Dominican Republic

Thursday, May 10, 2007

!!Buenas Noticias!! (good news)

Hello one and all!! wow, what a lot i have to tell, God has been directing my path in such surprising ways, i am really just along for the ride - and what a lot of fun it is!

as you know, my planned departure date is coming up really soon - may 24th - when i will go back to the states and settle for the summer, work for some college money, and then move out to iowa for the fall. but as the day got closer and closer, i felt no peace about leaving this place and all these people who have become my dearest friends. so, as i wrestled through my feelings, trying to prepare myself for a summer as a waitress, Leona said to me 'allison, why don't you stay?'. and i really hadn't thought about it, but once i did, it made so much sense! the only thing that i had trouble with is the fact that i really liked the idea of having so much time with my family, which i obviously wouldn't have if i wasn't there. but the pieces just started falling into place - i had left over funds in my supporters account for exactly this amount of time, i'm moving in with tracee and leona (some canadian kids' alive missionaries), and there are of course more than enough jobs for me to do here this summer! and another neat thing is, God has still worked it out so that i will be able to go home for a week for my brother kyle's graduation, and be with my family, and of course stock up on some chocolate for everyone here. : ) so as of right now, my plan is to go home on may24th, i'll be there until the 31st, and then i will be able to come back to this wonderful missionfield until july 17th!! praise God for always giving me such clear leading in what is the next step!!

other than that, there's been lots of office work to do here, we're training nate to do sponsorship while he learns spanish, and the biggest project right now is the child update. that's been a little crazy, as i need to interview each teacher about every student that is sponsored at anija - about 160 kids! so i would really appreciate prayer for that, that i would be diligent and helpful, and get it out in the next mailing day! pray also for the summer, as it sounds like i'll be stepping up in responsibilities: i will continue with sponsorship in ANIJA, but then also be working with the teams and interns that will be here this summer - following them around, translating, organizing some food, and just filling in holes for whoever needs it. it'll be a busy summer, but definitely a fun one! so praise God for His work in my life, which continues to be done in His own special and unexpected ways. i pray that God will be daily revealing himself in all of your plans and pursuits as well! have a wonderful week.....

......and enjoy another video of playground fun! : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home