The Unexpected Adventures of Allison

God works in mysterious, incredible ways. My life is just one example.

Dominican Republic

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

This One's for Jessi

hey jessi, alright, i thought i'd do this since you asked me to. : )

8 Things About Me

I am madly in love with 2 things: God and the Dominican Republic!

aside from dominican food, i LOVE pickles. they're my favorites.

i have a crazy-wild imagination

i really enjoy typing, seriously. if being a secretary wasn't such a boring job, i'd probably be one.

i'm super excited to become a nurse, so i can fix people all the time!! the only thing is, my human anatomy class is kinda hard...

i think music is one of the best things that has ever happened to mankind. i love singing, playing piano, and listening to other people play instruments and sing.

i am a huge jane austen fan; actually, i'm generallya huge fan of the past, of history, and it is my secret belief that i should have been born a century ago, cause i would have fit in much better and enjoyed it much more.

when i make a few really good friends, that's all i need. i'd rather have a few really intimate friends than a bunch of just friendy-friends. people are everything, and love is everything. besides God, these two things are the driving motivation for life!

ok, well, there's a few little windows into my head! hope you enjoyed them : )

allison

3 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Jessi said…

    Thanks Allison! I hope I'm not a friendy-friend by the way! I love you.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hello -

    You've no idea who I am, but I found your blog through searching google about ANIJA in Jarabacoa. I was on a 2-week stint team there about 5 years back and we were doing construction work on the school. We spent most of our time scraping old paint off of the finished parts, digging ditches for plumbing in the red clay and taking out supports for a newly-laid 2nd floor (the part at the top of the hill in your first august post).

    Do you know where I can find pics of the orphanage that Kids Alive works with (I think it's also in Jarabacoa with a horridly bumpy road going to it)?

    Thanks for the pics and the reminder that God uses even small contributions to serve people that I'll never see or meet. Keep up the work!

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Allison Stuart said…

    hi andrew, i'd try the kids alive website - www.kidsalive.org - for pics

    sorry, i don't know any other way to get ahold of you...so thanks for the work that you did in the DR, and God bless! by the way, the orphanage is called The Ark.

    allison

     

Post a Comment

<< Home