The Unexpected Adventures of Allison

God works in mysterious, incredible ways. My life is just one example.

Dominican Republic

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Love

Unexpected adventures.....does not always have to mean what I think it might. What about falling in love? What did I know of that before I ever met him? How am I being changed every day, while still living in the familiarity of the country of my birth? By what magic do I continually discover the intimate wonders of his person?

Somehow, my life is still full of adventures, unforseen exploits that take away my breath and open my eyes to new and wonderful worlds I did not know existed. I have always loved the faraway countries and new cultures that God has taken me to see; perhaps there will be more of those, and perhaps not. But I did not expect God to show me equal excitement when he brought me here, to Iowa. A chance meeting, an unavoidable relationship, the irrationality of love at first sight, thrown into ministry together, those everyday 'adventures' that he makes for us....

....and very soon I will be led down the aisle in a white dress. How wonderfully unexpected this adventure has been. I cannot wait to see what more will happen in a life so wholly unplanned as mine.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:25 AM, Blogger Ivy and Haley said…

    Glad to see you are back after a long hiatus. Congratulations on finding love!

    Check at our blog! And comment please, we love comments :)
    http://ivyandhaley.blogspot.com

    Ivy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home